It’s summertime, which means fun in the sun and lots of outdoor sports and activities are in full swing! As a result, more people are going to be out and about participating in fun activities that you could get injured or suffer from severe dental damage without the use of a mouth guard.
That is why our dentist, Dr. Leila Ebrahimpoor, is happy to offer you mouth guards, so you can keep enjoying your favorite sports and keep your oral health safer. Our team at Skyline Dental Associates in Ottawa, Ontario, is happy to share some fun facts on mouth guards with you to encourage you to remember your mouth guard.
Here are some fun mouth guard facts:
– There are three types of mouth guards: custom-made mouth guards, boil and bite guards, and stock mouth guards.
– Custom-made mouth guards are for your unique alignment, so you know you will have a secure fit and not have to worry about it on the field or while you are having fun.
– Boil and bite mouth guards and stock mouth guards can be obtained at the store but are not individually made to fit your teeth resulting in extra bulk or movement.
– If your mouth guard shows signs of wear or doesn’t fit anymore, be sure to talk to your dentist to get a new one.
– Make sure you care for your mouth guard and clean it after every use and keep it dry to avoid warping in the water or sun.
– Teens and children need to change out mouth guards often because their teeth and alignment are still changing.
– Mouth guards can protect your teeth from severe damage and is required in many sports for your smile’s protection in case of fall or injury.
As you can see, having a mouth guard is essential to keep your smile and teeth safe from harm this summer. If you are interested in obtaining one, or if you have questions about your teeth, please call us today at (613) 226-4562 to make an appointment. Our team is always happy to help you.