Removable Or Fixed
People lose their natural teeth for a wide variety of different reasons, like disease, injury, old age, and other unforeseen circumstances.
Dentures are removable or fixed oral appliances that are commonly used as the solution for replacing multiple missing teeth. If you’re missing some or all of your natural teeth, dentures might just be the solution that you’ve been looking for.
A custom-fit set of dentures can enhance the appearance of your smile, help maintain the structure of your mouth and jaw, and will also restore the ability to confidently chew your food. Whether you need upper or lower, full or partial dentures, the team at Skyline Dental can create a custom designed set of dentures that will look and feel just like your natural teeth. Contact us today to book a denture consultation!
Different Types of Dentures
There are two main kinds of dentures: complete dentures and partial dentures.
A complete denture is used to replace all of the teeth in a full dental arch. We may suggest a complete denture to replace all of the teeth in one or both arches depending on your individual needs.
A partial denture is used if you are missing multiple teeth but have natural teeth remaining. A partial denture often includes a thin framework or clasps that attach to the natural teeth for a secure fit.
The Benefits of Dentures
As one of the leading choices for replacing missing teeth, dentures offer a wide variety of benefits to those who are missing some or all of their teeth:
- Dentures support your facial muscles
- Most dental insurance plans cover dentures
- They can increase your confidence & self-esteem
- They’re easy to clean and maintain
- Dentures enhance the appearance of your smile
- Modern dentures are both functional & comfortable
- Support from dentures can improve your speech
- Dentures allow you to eat just like you would with your natural teeth
- Specific types of dentures can be easily removed
Frequently Asked Questions
Dentures come in a variety of options for those who are missing some teeth or all of their teeth, and can be permanent or removable. The main types of dentures are:
- Partial dentures – for people missing some of their teeth
- Full dentures – for those who are missing all of their teeth
- Implant dentures – permanent teeth replacements
Contact us today to schedule a consultation to find out which denture option is best suited for you.